Thursday, April 17, 2008

Not a great day...

It was a tragic day at my house yesterday. My landlord (who lives downstairs from me) was standing outside when I got home last night, with this worried look on his face. I walked around the corner and saw his son (who is about my age) on the ground with paramedics all around him. I guess he overdosed on something, but I am not sure what. Anyhow, I stood there with Charlie and talked to him while his son died. It sucked pretty bad. It was so hard to see a parent realize that his kid was gone. Charlie is a hell of a guy, really kind, smart, honest, hard-working guy. I just felt so terrible for him and his wife.

On top of all that, it was deemed a "sudden death" so the Detectives had to come out, and the Coroner, and they had to leave him laying in the front yard for about three hours while they did their investigation.

Anyhow, Charlie's wife got home right at the end of it all, so I had to watch her go through the whole damn thing too. It was really rough. You just hate to see anybody have to face that. I finally went inside when I couldn't help out anymore, but I happened to look out the window right when they were kissing their son goodbye. Crap. What a nightmare.

It made me miss my family, and it made me hold Lynne pretty close last night.

No comments: